Location: NYC, NYFull Time
We are seeking a talented, passionate software developer to continue work on our proprietary financial marketplace exchange. You will work closely with our lead developers in improving existing technology as well as prototype and implement new features, continuously iterating and improving upon it. Expect to split your time evenly between implementing new functionality and refactoring and maintaining the existing site. In addition, this Senior Software Engineer will be an evangelist in the discovery and application of emerging technologies to solve real-world technological and business problems at Real Liquidity, and a mentor to the team in the adoption of those technologies.
- Take a leading role in extending the feature sets of our existing exchange as well as ensuring the successful delivery of features. Play a key role in executing all phases of development from planning, requirements gathering, and design to implementation, testing, deployment, and ongoing maintenance
- Engage with the team in continuously improving our Agile Development practices, balancing the right levels of grooming, planning, design, implementation/test, and deployment across regular sprint schedules
- Design, implement, and iterate end-to-end application object and data models
- Participate in identification and resolution of systems issues
- Understand and ensure compliance with SEC/FINRA standards for security, privacy, and accessibility.
- Continually evangelize and support the adoption of application development design, implementation/test, deployment, and documentation standards and best practices.
- Build and improve software systems for a fast-growing real estate investment platform
- Collaborate with our design team to quickly iterate on prototypes
- Deploy software in rapid release cycles
- Managing and maintaining databases, load balancers, content delivery, clustered caching, email delivery, and 3rd-party APIs
- Application security is a constant and ever-present priority for SYNDEX and you will help ensure that our users' data remains private and secure
Compensation will be competitive and will be based on the specific experience and capabilities of the candidate.